Date of birth: March 3rd, 1968
- Management of Technology (Ph.D.), Chalmers University of Technology, 2003
- Management of Technology (Lic.Eng), Chalmers University of Technology, 2000
- Engineering (M.Sc.), University of Iceland, 1994.
- Electrical Engineering (B.Sc.), University of Iceland, 1991
- Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Iceland, 2014-
- VP of R&D Reykjavik, Össur hf., 2012-2013
- Director of R&D Engineering – Bionic Products, Össur hf., 2011-2012
- Visiting Professor, Engineering Systems Division, MIT, 2008-2009
- Director of Research, School of Business, Reykjavik University, 2005-2006
- Associate Professor, School of Business, Reykjavik University, 2005-2013
- Director of the Centre for Research on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 2003-2010.
- Assistant Professor, School of Business, Reykjavik University, 2003-2005
- PhD student, Dept of Industrial Dynamics, Chalmers Univ. of Technology, 1997–2002
- Technical Director, Flaga hf., 1994-1997
- Engineer, Sleep Research Lab, The University Hospital of Iceland, 1991-1993
- Proposal evaluation committee for Innviðasjóður (The Icelandic Science Infrastructure Fund) , since 2013.
- Advisory board of Nýsköpunarmiðstöð Íslands (Innovation Center Iceland), since 2011.
- Proposal evaluation committee for Nýsköpunarsjóður námsmanna (The Icelandic Student Innovation Fund), since 2011.
- Chairman of the board of the Icelandic Competition Authority, 2009-2013.
- Board member of the Global Entrepreneurship Research Association (GERA), 2009.
- Chairman of the board of Arc holding ehf., since 2005.
- On the proposal evaluation committee for Tækniþróunarsjóður (The Icelandic Technology Development Fund), 2004-2007.
- Board member of Flaga hf . 1994-1997 and 2002-2005.