Main research areas
European Studies (European integration, EU member states, decision-making in the EU, Small States in the EU), Small State Studies (theories, small states in Europe), Comparative Politics, Icelandic Domestic and Foreign Policy and International Affairs.
- Iceland’s external affairs from the Settlement to the present day
- Iceland and Norway’s engagement with European integration
- European Policy of the Icelandic Government and Political Parties
- Populism in Icelandic politics
- Uniqueness and situation of the Nordic States in the European Integration Process
- Power Potential of Small States within the European Union
- Strenghts and Weaknesses of Small States in the Global Economy: Do small states need shelter?
- Iceland’s Foreign Policy