- 07.03.2019. Seminar at NUPI on Sheltering, Security and the Nordic States with Juha Jokela, Nina Græger and Kristin Haugevik. Small and middle powers like the Nordics depend on the economic, political, and societal shelter provided by larger states and international organizations to survive and prosper. We discuss what kind of security relationships Iceland, Finland and Norway seek with great powers – such as the United States and Russia. How do Nordic states position themselves in relation to the EU and NATO? And how do they deem the potential for more Nordic security cooperation?
- 01.06.2018, Small States and the Changing Security Environment in Europe - lecture starts at approx 1 hour 6 minutes into the workshop:
We’re live from the “Small States and the Changing Security Environment in Europe” workshop. Tune in!
Posted by Eastern European and Russian Studies on Fimmtudagur, 31. maí 2018
- 10.11.2017, Defining the Small State, lecture at SALISES
- 10.04.2015, Chair of Seminar on the EEA agreement at the University of Iceland
- 27.1.2015, Public seminar in the Europe seminar series at NUPI
- 3.7.2014, On the relationship between politics and fisheries in Iceland
- 06.02.2014, Giving evidence to the European and External Relations Committee of the Scottish Parliament - Discussion on the role of small states in the EU - How will Scotland do as a small independent state in the Union?
- 06.08.2013, Lecture from the 'Queer History Walk', with Þorvaldur Kristinsson and Hilmar Magnússon, that was part of Reykjavík Pride 2013.
- 17.06.2013, Speech given in Belgrade, Serbia. 'From Oppression to Rainbow Revolution: Queer Culture and Legislative Victories in Iceland'
- 03.05.2013, Lecture at Bifröst with Þorsteinn Kristinsson on Iceland's External Affairs from 1400 to the Reformation
- 29.01.2009, appearance on TV news on both RÚV and Stöð 2 (Channel 2)
- 16.11.2008, Mannamál