Born in Reykjavík 6 November 1968.
- PhD in Ancient Philosophy, University of Cambridge, 2003.
- Cand.mag. in Philosophy and Ancient Greek, Aarhus University, 1997.
- BA in Philosophy, University of Iceland, 1993 (part of studies at Aarhus University).
- Research Specialist, School of Humanities and the Centre for Research in the Humanities, University of Iceland, 2017-present.
- Director of Research, School of Humanities and the Centre for Research in the Humanities, University of Iceland, 2010-present.
- Senior Advisor, Department of Science and Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, 2008-2010.
- Senior Advisor (then Head of Science and Innovation Division and Deputy Director), The Icelandic Centre for Research, 2002-2008.
- Various assignments for the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture and Idea Consult Ltd. (Brussels), 2010-present.
- Sessional teacher of Philosophy and Ancient Greek, University of Iceland and Reykjavík Grammar School, 2001-present.
Committees and Boards
- Board of the Vigdís International Centre for Multilingualism and Intercultural Communication, 2014-present (nominated by the Icelandic UNESCO commission).
- Board of the Nordic Plato Society, 2013-present.
- Quality Board, University of Iceland, 2010-2015.
- The Icelandic UNESCO commission, 2010-2014.
- COST ISCH (standing committee for Individuals, Societies, Culture and Health), 2011-2014.
- Programme Committee Member for Iceland of Social Sciences and Humanities in EU's 6th and 7th Framework Programmes for Science and Innovation, 2002-2013.
- Joint Committee for Nordic Research Councils for Humanities and the Social Sciences (NOS-HS), 2002-2008.
- Advisory Group for Nordic Cooperation on Higher Education (HÖGUT), 2008-2010 (Chair 2009).
- Ad hoc Advisory Group for Research, 2008-2010 (Chair 2009).